LEGAL DOCUMENT ASSISTANT CONTRACT FOR SELF-HELP SERVICES
This is a contract between DP LEGAL SOLUTIONS, INC, the Legal Document Assistant, and you, the customer, for the self-help services described below.
I. IMPORTANT NOTICES
1. Please review this entire contract before you sign it. You should understand the kinds of services that I can and cannot perform for you (see Part II below).
2. I am not an attorney. I cannot provide you with legal advice or engage in the unauthorized practice of law.
3. As required by law, I have filed a bond or made a cash deposit and have registered as a Legal Document Assistant in the county where my business is physically located or where I maintain a physical branch office. The county clerk has not evaluated or approved my knowledge or experience or the quality of my services.
4. Under California law I may not keep your original documents: (a) if you request that I return them to you; (b) if you and I do not sign this contract; (c) if this contract terminates for any reason; or (d) after all the contract services have been provided. In the event I can no longer locate you, I will store your file for a period of two years after which time it will be destroyed.
5. It is a violation of California law if I make any false or misleading statement to you.
6. I cannot obtain special favors from, and I do not have any special influence with, any court or any state or federal agency.
7. We can sign this contract electronically or by facsimile transmission. We can sign this contract in counterparts. We can change the terms of this contact if we make the change in writing.
II. SELF-HELP SERVICES
Kinds of services that I can perform for you: I can perform the following self-help services for you in connection with a legal matter in which you are representing yourself: (a) Prepare, as you specifically direct, legal documents that you have selected; (b) Provide you with general published factual legal information that has been written or approved by an attorney; (c) Provide you with published legal documents; (d) File and serve legal forms and documents as you specifically direct.
Kinds of services that I cannot perform for you: I cannot engage in the practice of law by providing legal advice, explanation, opinion or recommendation about possible legal rights, remedies, defenses, strategies, options, or selection of forms.
If the services you require include the need for legal or tax advice, strategy or evaluation, you are strongly urged to secure the services of other professionals. For example, you may need or benefit from the services of an attorney, an accountant, or a financial advisor.
I will provide you all the following services (list all services for which the customer is being charged):
Deeds transfer processing: $185.00
You are paying me only for those services listed above and no others. It is unlawful for me to make any guarantee or promise to you unless it is written in this contract and unless I have a factual basis for making the guarantee or promise.
III. FEES AND EXPENSES
You agree to pay me the following fees, costs and expenses:
A flat fee in the total amount of $185.00 for all services, costs and expenses, to be paid as follows (itemize services, costs and expenses and state terms of payment):
You may cancel this contract for any reason within 24 hours after we both have signed it. If you cancel this contact I must immediately refund any fees which you have paid me. However, I will retain payment for services and/or fees advanced by me, necessarily and reasonably performed on your behalf, with your knowledge and express consent.
To cancel this contract, send me a written notice stating that you are canceling the contract by facsimile or electronic transmission, by first class mail, or by personal delivery.
You may also cancel this contract at any time if any of these things happen:
- You do not receive a copy of this contract before I provide services.
- If the contract is vague and does not specify the services I am to perform.
- You do not receive a copy of the contract in English and in the language that you understand and we spoke together when we signed this contract.
If you cancel this contract for any of these reasons, I must immediately refund in full any fees which you have paid me, less necessary and reasonable actual out of pocket expenses I have paid on your behalf, and to which you expressly consented. You may also cancel this contract at any time if you have legal cause.
V. ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COSTS
In the event of suit for damages arising from this contract or to enforce any of its provisions, the court may award the prevailing party his or her reasonable attorney’s fees and costs. The venue for any disputes about this contract is the county where you live if you live in California.
Notices to Customer
You may obtain information from the local bar association or a legal aid or legal services office regarding free or low-cost representation by a lawyer. If you believe that you are the victim of fraud, unauthorized practice of law or other crime, you should contact the district attorney.
THIS CONTRACT IS NOT VALID OR BINDING UNTIL THE LEGAL DOCUMENT ASSISTANT HAS GIVEN THE CLIENT A FULLY EXECUTED COPY OF IT, INCLUDING AN ACCURATE TRANSLATION OF IT IN ANY LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH THAT THE CLIENT UNDERSTANDS AND THAT WAS PRINCIPALLY USED IN ANY ORAL SALES PRESENTATION OR NEGOTIATION LEADING TO EXECUTION OF THE CONTRACT.
Authority cited: The use of this contract is required by Section 6410 of the California Business and Professions Code. Reference: Sections 6401.6, 6402, 6405, 6408, 6409, 6410, 6411, Business and Professions Code. The standard form of this contract is mandated by the California Department of Consumer Affairs, California Administrative Code title 16, § 3950.
We are not attorneys. We can only provide self-help services at your specific direction. DP Legal Solutions is not a law firm, and cannot represent customers, select legal forms, or give legal or tax advice. Services are provided at customers' request and are not substitute for advice of a lawyer. Because legal needs vary from individual to individual, you should seek the advice of trained professionals if you have any questions regarding your particular legal matters. Prices ALWAYS do not include court costs.
DP Legal Solutions
2016 Lewelling Blvd
San Leandro , CA 94579
Mon to Fri : 9:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday : 10:00am to 4:00pm
Phone : (510)-346-5686
Fax : (925)-459-6789