Welcome to My Blog

Steps for Adjustment of Status

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) permits the change of an individual’s immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the...

read more

Returning Resident Visas

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United...

read more

Are you eligible to apply for a Green Card?

GREEN CARD ELIGIBILITY You may be eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence) through your family, a job offer or employment, refugee or asylum status, or a number of other special provisions. In some cases, you may even be able to self petition or have a...

read more


An estate plan is not a one size fits all endeavor. A quality professional attorney can give you the guidance you need to make the right decisions regarding your property. Some people consult with an attorney, and then get assistance from a legal document preparer to draft the documents in order to save on costs. Two of the most common estate planning tools are the will and the living trust.

read more


Robert Chang, Esq Freelance Writer Estate planning can be problematic if there are people in your family who you think may try to challenge your wishes.  The way to do this is what is called a will contest.  Usually, these will be people in your will, or your children...

read more